Journeying....

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem.

I chose this name Journey with my soul for this blog many moons ago, not fully realizing how apt it really is. I understood that life was a journey, and I knew my body was just a vessel and what really went on this journey of life was my soul, but I feel, what I didn't understand in my innocence, was how literal my soul's journey was. A journey that is as long as this one our souls go through is never expected to be easy. Journey's wear us out physically, it drains so much from us, and the only thing that keeps us from quitting mid way is knowing we have a destination, that the end of this journey is promised to be blissful.


In my few years of life I've felt the weariness of my soul. I've hit countless hurdles and I've fallen really hard. The only thing that helps me get back up, is knowing that somehow, and the end of this all, something good awaits. I want to meet my Lord, but I don't just want to meet Him in any condition, I want to meet Him, knowing that He was pleased with the life that I lived. I want Him to be so proud of me, that I kept striving, despite how many times I fell and wanted to remain there, lying down. I want to return to Him, well pleased, and pleasing on to Him. That, is the journey I want to take in this life. That, is the journey worth living.

So today, despite how worn out my soul may feel, despite how exhausted this vessel might be, I'll strive to get up again, and dust myself off, and I will continue on this Journey, knowing, deep in my heart, that only good awaits at the end of all this struggle.

Only good awaits.

Comments

Popular Posts