Let It go, O heart.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem.


With shaky hands and a heart heavy, with this pen have I decided to let go. Let go of all the burden with which my heart I have depressed.

For every moment I thought it was most difficult to forgive, and for every wrong I have held on to, on this day have I decided to ease my heart of the burden, for this burden affects none but me.

For every moment that my words or actions have depressed a heart, sincere forgiveness do I earnestly ask.

Now that I have asked for forgiveness from man, I seek forgiveness from The Lord of mankind, for every moment that I have turned to His creation instead of Him. But then, I turn to Him in gratitude, for everytime I am hurt by man, He reminds me that had I turned to Him, I would have saved my heart from the pain. So yes, every pain is a reminder to turn back to The Lord of the worlds.

I seek forgiveness from my Lord, for every time I raised and turned my head in pride, and every time I've let my ego get the best of me. But then, I turn to Him filled with gratitude, for He has shown in people what is in me, as a reflection, so that I may see and ponder, and know to change my ways from wrong to right.

Finally, I seek forgiveness from my most merciful Lord, for everything I am unable to mention, for He  knows better than I do what I am most in need of.

Now, with hands steady and heart as light as a feather, I thank you O my Merciful Lord, for bestowing upon me the ability to let go. For the ability to breathe, for I once felt suffocated and now the air feels fresher and my lungs feel fuller. 

Now I pray for steadfastness and a heart that never looses direction. I pray that You be my Guide and my helper, for surely, If I have you, then I have everything I need. 


Comments

Popular Posts