O Dear one,

I sat silently after you had left. No doubt a part of me left with your departure, but I gained more than I lost for you left me well equipped. It took some time till I was able to pick up the normal rhythm of life, my heart still yearning for your presence. I held on to the memories of your presence, hoping in my little heart that I would see you again. Life took its turns and my heart weakened. The provisions you left me had seen it's near end. I was barely crawling through the days when I saw the light shining on a sign that said your arrival was near. To say that I was shocked at the passage of time would have been saying the least. How did a whole year come around without me even noticing? But my joy at the news just couldn't be quantified, for whereas life itself drained the life out of me, you were sent to guide me to the start of a brighter and purer life, to give me the strength to wait as time orbited in anticipation of your next arrival.

Oh Ramadan, now that there are barely few days left to your arrival, I pray more than ever that we live to witness your presence. That we live to learn and we live to be purified. 

Allahumma Ballighnar-Ramadan, Ameen!














 

Comments

Popular Posts